CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Lack of validation

"The need for validation of our feelings and suspicions seems to be a very basic need stemming from childhood. I was invalidated by my parents growing up and I came to believe as an adult that my feelings were just my overactive imagination, weren't important for anyone else to consider, or complete fabrications unless I had some tangible proof or evidence that the trigger of my emotions existed. Not that it ever mattered to my parents. If I could prove someone pulled my hair and made me cry, I was to get over it."
-anonymous

1 comments:

Ms Hen's said...

That sounds 100% like me. I've been going to Adult Child of Alcoholism for 3 meetings to far. It is worth doing so for my own self care. (hugs to you)