CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Not a happy post

Anyone looking for a happy, joyous and free, spiritually blissful post, should move on. This post is filled with pain.

We lost an Alateen today. Curtiss, age 18, to leukemia. Mom was an al-anon til depression beat her up and she lost the desire to come back. Dad a drunk. Divorced. Hated each other, even more so than my ex and I. His grandma is a friend from AA, who always asked me to get to reach out to her daughter to get her back to al-anon. Never worked.

Curtiss got the disease, but with treatment, found remission. A year later, it returned. 16 months later, after a 5 month stay in the hospital, he died 2 days ago. He and my Jackson were in Alateen together. He was a kid in pain, caught between the two. Just like Jackson. Only, I stayed, I got better. She didnt. He eventually went to live with his dad, the drunk, cus he was the more stable, less angry parent. The mom was quite filled with vile. She loved her boy, though. She just didnt know how to forgive or let go of the pain.

Curtiss couldnt be with her, because the anger smothered him. She tried to change, to get him back in her life. I heard when he got sick again, she went to the hospital every single day, and just sat in the waiting room. He wouldnt see her. She went anyways. A months go, the grandma told me there was no hope. I prayed for them all. Today I got the call. His pain is ended......but his Mom, his dad....it will never end. Will she come back to the fellowship to let us help her? Only God knows. We will try to reach out to her again.

I took a long moment today to thank God for a health son, and for the sad reminder that though my life is filled with pain, its nothing compared to theirs right now.

3 comments:

Seth M. Ward said...

I've never understood why the young or good should ever suffer such pain and death.....

Considering all the wrong I've done in my life, I should be the one burdened with such pain.....

My deepest sympathy to everyone affected by his passing.

~Christina~ said...

thanks Seth, appreciate your kindness.

Syd said...

I wish that his days had ended in some peace. How sad that she drove him away. I hope that she will find her way back to the fellowship. The life life is there but she has to want to grab onto it.