CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Broken toys and letting go

Broken Toys

As children bring their broken toys,
With tears, for us to mend;
I brought my broken dreams to God
because he was my friend.

But then instead of leaving him in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help with ways that were my own.

At last, I snatched them back and cried,
"How could you be so slow?"
"My child," He said, "What could I do?
You never did let go...."

author unknown

3 comments:

steveroni said...

Oh Christina this is GooooD! I love writings in which God is talking with a human. There need be no audio, it can be ALL thought.

That is where I believe we are best united, in our thoughts. because our words ARE only words, after all, and are sifted in a way to make us look (usually) better...

Here I go, on and on again!

PEACE!

Tari said...

Sweet! I've heard it before I think, but I love it.

Syd said...

How true. Nice one.