CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

More legal battles to come


Ive dreaded this for some time now. I am going to have to return to court to force the ex-father of my son to fulfill his financial and legal responsibilities towards my sons college.

This time I will have to hire an attorney. I had hoped he would have found sobriety, and a spiritual awakening, however that is not to be. I have made one offer to settle, and am waiting for the reply. I do not kid myself, the offer wont be accepted, he is a drunk, he will fight it all the way. I just had to make it in the event the judge wants proof I tried. I dont want to go to court, but I dont get to control the gorilla, do I?

He is still drunk. He is still a liar. He still abandons my son.

Acceptance is the answer to maintaining my serenity today. Which I am. Thank God.

2 comments:

steveroni said...

Good post, Christina. You're right AFAIKnow, the answer is Acceptance. The solution then becomes what we DO in that acceptance, how we DEAL with "life on life's terms"...but I'm SURE you know all that. It never hurts ME to be reminded, though!

PEACE and LOVE

Syd said...

It sounds like a rough time. I'm glad that you are doing what is needed to take care of your son. Serenity to accept the things I cannot change--that brought me peace.