CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Benedryl and Gratitude

Holiday hangover struck again today. My incredible tenacious allergies have struck yet again, a near daily occurrence it seems. In bed most of the day due to Benedryl-itis.

Got out of the tomb by 5pm, to begin a massive vacation clean up of the house. I have learned to do small bits a time. Like recovery, I live sometimes an hour at a time, in order to make life manageable. Same think with cleaning a neglected house. It felt good to be busy and accomplishing something.

last night an AA ling timer friend came by to visit us. I'll call him CJ. He is a handsome, funny as all hell, very sober, wise AA lifer. We talk almost every day. It’s a good friendship, and I enjoy his humor, wisdom and general wise cracking self. He brought us gifts, even though we had said we wouldn’t do gifts. Ha! Can’t trust those alkies, can I? He gave me a sweet spiritual recovery book and some chocolates, and gave jr a neat-o gift card to Subway! Free food! Always a sweet treat.

I think about how my life isn’t exactly the way I would like it to be, but it sure as hell isn’t the hell it once was. I have friends, I have God and I have a loving son who I adore.

Putting my focus on the things I HAVE and not the things I DONT have, makes me grateful and happy.

Just for today, I am BOTH!

1 comments:

Syd said...

That sounds great. He sounds like a great fellow. And there is so much to be grateful for.