CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Daily prayer routine

1. The minute I wake up in the morning, I say:

"Good morning, God. Let's make this a great day!"

2. Sometime thereafter, I recite the third step prayer:

God, I offer myself to Thee--to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of Life. May I do Thy will always!

followed by:

"God, please give me courage, strength, faith and hope, and knowledge of your will and power to carry it out."

3. Somewhere throughout the day,I usually say the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

And usually a lot of "God help me's sprinkled throughout the day, along with "Thank you God".

Its good, try it!

3 comments:

Syd said...

The Serenity prayer has gotten me through some tough times. I'm a big fan of it.

Ms Hen's said...

very sweet.. will try it.

steveroni said...

Yes. It's good. And I "try" it every single day...funny thing. Our bed sits kind of high up, and so I just sort of slide out of it, and right onto my knees. Before "anything else" I have prayed, and then get read and head out to two meetings 7 and 8 AM.

And every day is like a spiritual Christmas.