CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

What does love look like?


This was a question I had in my head today, so I googled it. Google, like mother, always knows best. This is what I found. Have a great Sunday, peeps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like."

-Saint Augustine



So what does love look like? Love is giving up your 'rights' to the remote control. Love is leaving a quarter in a meter. Love is stopping to open the door for someone. Love is giving up a good seat for someone else. Love is offering a ride. Love is making a phone call, sending an email, writing a letter, baking a cake. Love is putting others needs before your own. Love is a small moment in time when, in a me first world, you put someone ahead of yourself.

Love isn't just a feeling or something couples experience. Love is a choice, followed by an action, then turned into a lifestyle.

By: Kristen L. McNulty

In other words, my friends, Love is action. :)

2 comments:

steveroni said...

GooooD post!

That St Augustine is hard to beat on quotes. So simply he lets us know the truth as HE sees it. And is he ever wrong?

Peace

Syd said...

I like what you wrote--Love is action. And that includes self-love too. I have to act and get moving in order to get beyond feeling self-pity, etc. Thanks!