CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Drunk on ego

The ego of the alcoholic doesnt have the ability to take responsibility of the destructive, horrific behavior they have done. Instead, the *blame* others.

It's called manipulation.

Example: For the last 6 years the alcoholic has abandoned our son. Deadbeat dad to the extreme.
When confronted with the pain it has caused  my son, his reply:

"Well thats what YOU wanted".

Yeah, I wanted to raise my son alone, fight more than 10 child support battles, be the only adult in his life to take him to school, pay his bills, attend his concerts, tuba lessons, honor roll ceremonies, doctor appointments, surgeries, his 16 year old friends funeral, host every birthday praty, holiday event, funeral of my mother, financial difficulties, emotional difficuties of Jacksons OCD, take him to college visits alone, and on and on and on.

Yeah. Thats EXACTLY what I wanted.

Over 2 years "sober" and thats the best he can do.

You can take the drink outta the drunk, but all you have is a dry drunk.

PS....thanks for reading my bog, especially to Rock Blair.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I am so sorry that after two years "sober" this would be the reaction. I can't apologize for all "drunks" but I do work my program enough to know that yep, sounds like some ego and definitely what i call inmy experience the "dry drunk" as we say, they may be sober but they ain't sane. I send you hugs!
G

steveroni said...

Yep..."not drinking" and "sober" are not the same animal. I heard early, that the only "meeting makers" who make it are those who are also "Step-Takers".

Real sobriety is WORK. One of the bloggers is name "Sobriety is Exhausting"--and that is SO true of true sobriety! IMHO!

Peace!

Syd said...

I think that a dry drunk is sometimes worse than the other. I build expectations only to have them be dashed totally. I know better.