CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

When bloggers take inventory. Mine!

A comment was recently made here saying I have not "accepted alcoholism as a disease", or something to that effect.

I used to do that. Take someones inventory based on a short blog, not knowing the person, certainly not knowing where they are in recovery. I wanted to FIX YA! What poop!

Apparently I had written a post a few days ago when I felt pain, or sadness of some sort as it related to the alcoholic, leaving the impression that I am a person who cant accept alcoholism. Reminds me of the old joke "Hey thanks for taking MY inventory, but can I have it back when youre done?".

I DO accept alcoholism, I just done LIKE alcoholism. I hate it. Is that ok? Yup! It is. If I didnt accept it, on a daily basis, Id be out trying to CHANGE the drunk. Convince him, beg him, manipulate him. THAT'S what non-acceptance looks like sista!

Disliking it, hating it, looks like painful blogging sometimes, days of sadness, melancholy. Not everyday is SUNSHINE, peeps!

Reminder to self. Inventory ME, not YOU!

Thank you.

0 comments: