CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Restraint of pen and tongue

I have restrained myself numerous times within the last 24 hours, for which I am proud. Holiday time tends to reopen deep, painful wounds in the form of resentful thinking.

Resulting in my lashing out. Not this time, or at least not in this moment.

I am more valuable than that. The benefit will be mine. Consequences will follow the behavior. Drunks drink, have negative consequences. I lash out, will have same.

I take solace in knowing my behavior of late has benefitted me positive consequences. The alcoholic probably is not enjoying the same. Its a spiritual axiom that a person who lives a selfish, self centered life, will reap pain and despair.

That, today, is not me. Thank you God.

3 comments:

steveroni said...

Yep, Christina. Thank God! I allow Him to be the only One Who knows all about all!

He has blest you...and me too.

Syd said...

I have to practice restraint in many ways. I'm glad that I do because oftentimes my desire to sound off is totally ego based and false.

Unknown said...

You know in a meeting a long time ago a friend told me, you know Gabi, most of the time you never have to say anything...ever...just listen...that has been the best advice ever given to me. I follow it closely to this day as it keeps me restrained in a good way!
g