CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

I cant do what a father can

Last Saturday, I asked Jackson to wear a tie for my mothers funeral. He didnt know how to tie his tie.

I had to put it on my neck to figure it out. I havent done it in 20 years. Im a woman, dont wear ties. When I finally figured out how to do the loop over, it was crooked, with the front being shorter than the back. I took it off and tried to re-do it. Jackson said it was fine and he would tuck the back tie into his shirt so it wouldnt be seen.

Today in my home group, I spoke about how Jackson has no father to teach him these things, to tie his tie, or how to shave. A man, a first time newcomer, was so affected by what I shared, that he offered to teach Jackson to tie a tie and to shave.

I was humbled to say the least. Alcoholics dont know what they do to their children.

1 comments:

Syd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.