CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

My "give a damn" is busted

There is a country song by Jodee Messina called "My give a damn's busted. She sings about being abused emotionally in a relationship and now she just doesnt give a damn anymore. She's "over" the shit that people have been throwing on her.............

and that's exactly how I feel lately.



Since my mom died, I just dont have time to suffer fools, put up with drama, lies or alcoholic bullshit. I feel like I do not have any emotional "Effort" cells to waste on fighting, explaining things to people. I am in severe "Keep it simple" mode. I find it is beneficial to me in that when people hurt me, I get right to the point and say what I need to say, instead of my usual hemming and hawing around the subject, fearful Im going to hurt their feelings.

Life is short. Be real. Stop the bullshit. Get busy living, or get busy dying.

1 comments:

Syd said...

I remember a Bob Dylan quote about he who isn't busy living is busy dying. I like the idea of severe "keep it simple" mode. Good one there.