CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The newcomer is my best reminder

Being on vacation this week allows me to go to daily meetings, which I love love love.
In todays meeting, a newcomer of just a few weeks shared about her obsessing over all the things her alki son is doing and not doing. To the point where SHE has come down with a case of diarhea! Ha....do I remember those days of attachment. I was oh so grateful for her share, she kept it green for me! I no longer CARE what the drunk is doing. I dont drive by, I dont ask, I dont obsess for one real reason.

I dont care.

I care about ME, about Jackson, about work, about friends, about sending anonymous holiday gifts to friends I know who could use a lift up. I care about SO MANY things that have nothing to do with a drunk.

And I have God to thank for that. Enjoying the benefits of detachment is delicious. The newcomer showed me where I once was, and where I hope to God I never go to again.

This is the same person who a few weeks ago said she was a *shit magnet*. Hopefully, she will become a shit repellant. Just for today, I am. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, blogging world, I will be taking some delicous treats down South on Thanksgiving to be with my loved ones at an AA room. My family. The drunks, who would've thunk it?

0 comments: